Participants from the second intake of Starter Company Plus connected with funding and resources to start and expand their business.
[KEENE, ON]: This evening, Peterborough & the Kawarthas Business Advisory Centre announced seven grant recipients from the second intake of the Starter Company Plus program.
A total of $25,000 in competitive grant dollars was awarded to the following business owners who participated in the second intake of the entrepreneurship program:
- Lynn Franscio: Elixir
- Providing health conscious consumers with a source for organic, vegan and vegetarian food products.
- Claudia Foung: iMake iMove
- Unique after-school services for children (ages 6-12) that blend STEM curriculum with creative and artistic flair.
- Maureen Brand: Garden of Eden
- Creating a greener planet with reusable cloth menstrual and incontinence products, baby products and household cloth products.
- Sarah Susnar: Play Cafe
- A cozy place for children and their caregivers to create, explore, play and connect with new friends, expanding their program offering
- Jane Davidson: Jane Davidson Writing Coach
- Communications specialist developing and delivering online courses and coaching.
- Lisa Torres: Access Homeopathy
- Homeopathic family health care practice.
- Leah Frampton: Green Leaf Baby
- Stylish, practical and geek-inspired handmade products for babies, moms and tots.
Starter Company Plus, a Government of Ontario funded program, is open to all entrepreneurs over 18 who are out of school and looking to either start a business or grow an existing venture that has been operating for five years or less. The program guides entrepreneurs through a robust series of workshops to support in the creation of a formalized business plan. After completing the program, entrepreneurs pitch their business ideas to a panel of judges for the opportunity to secure up to $5000 in funding.
“This program has been designed to support entrepreneurs with the resources that they need to grow.” said Suzanne McCrimmon, Director of Business Development with Peterborough & the Kawarthas Economic Development. “In this particular intake, we are pleased to see a theme of businesses that focus on growing healthier communities and families in the region. We are eager to see what other themes emerge in the next intake of clients.”
The third intake for Starter Company Plus is now open, with an application deadline of September 29th. Those interested in applying are required to attend a “Starting Point” workshop taking place every Monday afternoon (2:30pm – 4pm) in September at the Peterborough Chamber of Commerce’s Board Room, located at 175 George Street North in Peterborough.