Peterborough & the Kawarthas has strength in manufacturing which has increased in employment share.
Similar to other communities in Ontario, the face of Advanced Manufacturing is changing with many smaller, innovation-based companies emerging in communities throughout the region. With this change in manufacturing, we are seeing greater cross-over in agriculture and clean tech. It is an exciting time for innovative manufacturers in our region.
Diverse, Competitive Supply Chain
- Sector size: Peterborough’s Advanced Manufacturing Sector includes over 55 companies that produce goods for both industrial and consumer use.
- Industries: Peterborough’s Advanced Manufacturing Sector supplies to the Aerospace, Nuclear, Clean Tech Water, power generation, Automobile, Food & Beverages, and Instrumentation/Automation industries
- Manufactured product types: Companies in this sector’s supply chain manufacture machinery & equipment, metal & plastic products, and machined components.
- Global Value Chain: From Peterborough, Ontario, Multinational and Canadian companies deliver products and services to around the globe, including South America, Europe and Asia.
Kawartha Manufacturers’ Association (KMA)
KMA’s objective is to grow the regional economy through World Class Manufacturing and the development of a diverse, highly skilled workforce.
- Creation and promotion of development, training and funding opportunities.
- Provide networking and best practice sharing opportunities in the Kawarthas region and in Eastern Ontario (Tri-Association initiatives).
- Raise and promote manufacturing issues with all levels of Government.
- Promote strategic partnerships with industry, government, education Institutions and community stakeholders.
KMA’s mission is to increase the competitiveness and competencies of manufacturers’in the Kawarthas by:
- Providing a forum for sharing information, ideas and resources.
- Promoting continuous improvement through education in contemporary management and manufacturing practices.
- Improving the appreciation of manufacturing and its contribution to the regional quality of life.
- Improving links between education, other manufacturers and government.
Manufacturing Doors Open
In Good Company with Global Leaders
- Flying Colours Corporation
- Safran Electronics Canada
- Siemens Electronics
- Rolls-Royce Naval Marine Canada
Rolls-Royce Canada to Supply Technology for Royal Navy’s Type 26 Combat Ship
Don Roussinos, Rolls-Royce, President – Naval, said: “The team at our Naval Marine Centre of Excellence in Peterborough, has developed truly world-leading Canadian technology, which will ‘future proof’ the Global Combat Ship, whatever its mission.
- Kawarthas Manufacturers’ Association
- Northumberland Manufacturers’ Association
- Quinte Manufacturers’ Association
- Canadian Manufacturers and Exporters
- Ontario East
- Peterborough & the Kawarthas Business Advisory Centre
- Workforce Development Board
- Fleming College
Director of Business Development
705-743-0777 ext. 2127