Peterborough & the Kawarthas has strength in manufacturing which has increased in employment share.
Similar to other communities in Ontario, the face of Advanced Manufacturing is changing with many smaller, innovation-based companies emerging in communities throughout the region. With this change in manufacturing, we are seeing greater cross-over in agriculture and clean tech. It is an exciting time for innovative manufacturers in our region.
Diverse, Competitive Supply Chain
- Sector size: Peterborough’s Advanced Manufacturing Sector includes over 55 companies that produce goods for both industrial and consumer use.
- Industries: Peterborough’s Advanced Manufacturing Sector supplies to the Aerospace, Nuclear, Clean Tech Water, power generation, Automobile, Food & Beverages, and Instrumentation/Automation industries
- Manufactured product types: Companies in this sector’s supply chain manufacture machinery & equipment, metal & plastic products, and machined components.
- Global Value Chain: From Peterborough, Ontario, Multinational and Canadian companies deliver products and services to around the globe, including South America, Europe and Asia.
Kawartha Manufacturers’ Association (KMA)
KMA’s objective is to grow the regional economy through World Class Manufacturing and the development of a diverse, highly skilled workforce.
- Creation and promotion of development, training and funding opportunities.
- Provide networking and best practice sharing opportunities in the Kawarthas region and in Eastern Ontario (Tri-Association initiatives).
- Raise and promote manufacturing issues with all levels of Government.
- Promote strategic partnerships with industry, government, education Institutions and community stakeholders.
KMA’s mission is to increase the competitiveness and competencies of manufacturers’in the Kawarthas by:
- Providing a forum for sharing information, ideas and resources.
- Promoting continuous improvement through education in contemporary management and manufacturing practices.
- Improving the appreciation of manufacturing and its contribution to the regional quality of life.
- Improving links between education, other manufacturers and government.
Rhonda Barnet, New Chair of Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters Board of Directors
In Good Company with Global Leaders
- Flying Colours Corporation
- Safran Electronics Canada
- Siemens Electronics
- Rolls-Royce Naval Marine Canada