In order to protect clients, visitors and employees, we have decided to close our physical offices until further notice. All services are still available and staff may be reached via email and cell phone; however, all in-person workshops and events have been canceled.
Quick Links:Have Questions? Check out this COVID-19 BUSINESS FAQ page Online Webinars for Businesses from Peterborough & the Kawarthas Economic Development, Innovation Cluster – Peterborough and the Kawarthas and more… Key Points for Businesses and Individuals including a Complete list of COVID-19 related Governmental Programs from Cody & James CPA Navigating the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) during COVID-19 from Savino Human Resources Partners
#TeamPTBO is reviewing business concerns on a regular basis and sharing collective communications with all levels of government to help create meaningful recovery programming to assist our local business community during these challenging times.
For up to date information on Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan visit: https://www.canada.ca/en/department-finance/economic-response-plan.html
For the most up-to-date information about COVID-19:
Peterborough Public Health is actively monitoring the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and collaborating with local hospitals, primary care, emergency services, the Ministry of Health, provincial and national colleagues.
If you think you have symptoms related to COVID-19 symptoms or have been in close contact with someone who has it, use this self-assessment to help determine if you need to seek further care: Self Assessment Tool
For the City of Peterborough’s actions related to COIVD-19, please read more here.
For the County of Peterborough’s actions regarding COVID-19, please read here.
For the Government of Canada’s official statement and COVID-19 updates regarding the Canadian economy, please read more here.
For Tourism Businesses:
Peterborough & the Kawarthas Tourism (PKT) continues to work with the Tourism Industry Association of Ontario (TIAO). Each week, TIAO will be issuing a new survey to track tourism-based concerns in real-time. This information is shared directly with the provincial and federal ministries.
The Tourism Industry Association of Canada (TIAC) is also tracking COVID-19’s impact on the tourism industry across the county. Read here for daily updates from TIAC.
Tourism businesses are encouraged to report any impacts to TIAO through a new survey.
5 Steps for Support: Government of Canada’s COVID-19 Business Flow Chart
BDC announces additional measures to provide relief for Canadian entrepreneurs
Business Development Bank of Canada: BDC Peterborough
New measures include working capital, payment postponements and rate reductions. Effective immediately, new relief measures for qualified businesses include:
- Working capital loans of up to $2 million with flexible terms and payment postponements for up to 6 months for qualifying businesses;
- Postponement of payments for up to six months, free of charge, for existing BDC clients with total BDC loan commitment of $1 million or less
- Reduced rates on new eligible loans
- Additional details regarding Business Credit Availability Program (BCAP) measures, including industry specific support, to be announced in the coming days.
BDC Resources for Businesses
- Support for Entrepreneurs impacted bu COVID-19
- 8 Steps for Planning your Emergency and Disaster Plan
- Useful advice to help entrepreneurs plan and respond to the impacts of coronavirus
- Business Continuity Plan and Templates for Entrepreneurs
#TeamPTBO Partner ResourcesHands-ON: Online Webinars from the Innovation Cluster
Help Us Keep Our Downtown Alive
Downtown business owners need your help more than ever.
When you purchase gift cards from your favourite shops, restaurants, pubs and services on this website, you will receive the gift cards via mail directly from the businesses. You can redeem your gift cards when the businesses reopen.
Please note that the gift cards have no cash-value. A gift card is provided to customers in accordance with each business’s policy. Thank you for your continued support of our downtown businesses.Buy Now
Community Futures Peterborough Offers Support for Business Clients Impacted by the Coronavirus COVID-19
As COVID-19 continues to impact Canadians and area business customers, Community Futures Peterborough is taking steps to support their clients during this time by offering an option to defer their April 2020 loan payment.
“We are experiencing an uncertain time and want our clients to know we are here to support their business,” says Grant Seabrooke, Vice-Chair of Community Futures Board of Directors. “Our priority is to ensure our clients know we are here to help.”
Community Futures Peterborough currently has 147 clients with over 9 million dollars invested in community businesses.
- Guidelines for Mass Gatherings
- Temporary Wage Subsidy for Employers
- Emergency Wage Subsidy
- Resources for Canadian Businesses: COVID-19
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit
- Work-Sharing Program – Temporary special measures for the forestry and steel and aluminum sector
- Canada Business App
- ROE Guidelines for Issuing EI
- Stop The Spread Toll-Free Business Information Line – 1-888-444-3659
- UPDATED List of Essential Workplaces
- Ontario Together
- The 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Public Health Ontario
- Ontario Together Fund
- Ontario’s Action Plan
- Extended validation periods for driver, vehicle and carrier products and services
- Electricity Relief for families, small businesses and farms
- Pandemic Planning for Business from The Canadian Chamber of Commerce
- COVID-19 Pandemic Preparedness Toolkit for Ontario Businesses from the Ontario Chamber of Commerce
- COVID-19 Resources for Retailers from The Retail Council of Canada
- Navigating coronavirus: COVID-19 updates & resources for foodservice operators from Restaurants Canada
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources – Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters
- EDC stands ready to support Canadian exporters impacted by COVID-19 – Export Development Canada
- COVID-19 Resources from the Canadian Construction Association
- NGen will invest $50 million in Supercluster funding to support companies as they rapidly respond to the COVID-19 pandemic by building a Canadian supply of essential equipment, products, and therapeutics.
- WSIB financial relief package
- Ontario Realtors (OREA) COVID-19 Updates
- Federation of Ontario Cottagers’ Associations COVID-19 updates
- Ontario Home Builders Association COVID-19 Updates
- Boating Ontario updates
- Ontario Restaurant, Hotel and Motel Association COVID-19 Updates
Health & Safety Resources
- The Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development has a dedicated Health and Safety Contact Centre to report a health and safety incident any time of the day: 1-877-202-008
- 6 Tips to respond to employee anxiety about COVID-19 – Canadian Mental Health Association
- Getting Your Workplace Ready by World Health Organization
- Business Pandemic Preparedness Checklist from Workplace Safety & Prevention Services (WSPS)
- Business Continuity Guide from the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety
- Cleaning and Disinfection for Public Settings from Public Health Ontario
- Business Pandemic Influenza Planning Checklist from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Resources for Small Businesses
- COVID-19 Small Business Help Centre from CFIB
- Tools and tactics startups can use to prepare, plan and respond to COVID-19 from MaRS
- Shopify COVID-19 Response
- LinkedIn – Remote Working
- Facebook Small Business Grant Program
- CFIB Small Business Help Centre
- Ontario Business Improvement Area Association (OBIAA) Impact to BIA Communities Survey Results
Resources for Agriculture Businesses
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada – Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) – Information for industry
- Ontario Federation of Agriculture – COVID-19 information
- Canadian Federation of Agriculture – COVID-19 information
- Canadian Agricultural Human Resource Council – COVID-19 information
Resources for Musicians, Artists and Creative Industries
- Ontario Arts Council
- Canada Council for the Arts
- Ontario Trillium Foundation
- The Writers Union of Canada
- Ontario Creates
- National Arts Centre
- CBC: Here’s where Canadian artists and freelancers can find help during COVID-19 shutdowns
- Music Canada
- Canadian Live Music Association
- Ontario Museums Association COVID-19 updates