The export landscape in Canada is complex and can be difficult to navigate. The team at Peterborough & the Kawarthas Economic Development can help you connect with organizations that can help your business grow. Below is a list of some resources to help you research and identify your next steps.
Export Development Canada
- About Exporting – Whether you’re exporting products, services or experiences, discover the next step for your business using this timeline
- Account Receivable Insurance –Allows customers to insure AR’s up to 90% coverage
- Export Guarantee Program – A Financing solution. EDC partners with banks to provide them with additional collateral which lets the Canadian bank lend where they normally can’t. This program is good for a number of different facilities including Term loans, operating lines and contract revolvers (Purchase order financing).
- Account Performance Security Guarantee – A bonding solution. It is used to replace collateral to the bank when a company needs to issue a Standby Letter of Credit (LC) or Letter of Guarantee (LG).
- Trade Insights & Knowledge – Over 75 years of existence, EDC has gathered quite a bit of trade knowledge, insight and know-how that is now being made available to the market. For United States specific inquiries, there is a a country specific Export Help Hub.
Ontario Export Services
- New to exporting – Learn how to sell outside of Canada
- Grow your business through exports – Resources for experienced exporters looking for help to expand to new markets
- Magnet Export Business Portal – Create a profile and receive customized information about funding, training, trade missions and advisory services.
- Financial help and resources for exporters – Get financial assistance to start exploring or grow your exporting business
Canada Border Services Agency
- Guide to exporting commercial goods from Canada
- Checklist for exporting commercial goods from Canada