Looking to make dollars and sense of how you operate your business? As part of our Business Fundamentals Workshop series, this session offers entrepreneurs an opportunity to enhance their understanding of the financial fundamentals and operational strategies to effectively run your business. Topics covered off in Profitable Operations provide an understanding of budgeting, creating a sales forecast and building an operating budget.
Attend the Profitable Operations session to learn how to:
- Better understand your financial statements (including income statement, cash flow and balance sheet)
- Work out your break-even analysis in order to ensure that you are covering your costs and driving profits
- Ensure you are capturing tax-deductible business expenses
- Explore the basics of payroll deductions and the financials of hiring staff
- Setup banking and payment processing options
- Keep effective financial records
- Customer service flow and process
About the Business Fundamentals Workshops
Peterborough & the Kawarthas Business Advisory Centre has launched the Business Fundamentals workshops based on demands from our clients for more dedicated sessions on three subject areas:
1) Business Planning, 2) Marketing & Sales, and 3) Profitable Operations. These workshops are setup to provide entrepreneurs with a full foundational learning experience. While you are able to choose which workshops best suit your needs, we recommend entrepreneurs attend all three Business Fundamentals Workshops (in any order).
This workshop is offered free of charge. Please arrive 10 minutes prior to the workshop to complete check-in.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I haven’t registered for the event, can I still attend?
A: If you haven’t had the opportunity to register you may still attend, however, we ask that you be respectful of other attendees and arrive on time.
Q: Do I have to bring my printed ticket with me to the event?
A: You do not need to bring a ticket with you – we are looking forward to seeing you
Q: What should I bring with me to the workshop?
A: Bring your questions and your passion to learn, we also recommend a pen and notebook.
Q: Is parking available?
A: There is plenty of free parking available at the King Street Parkade – just half a block from our building at VentureNorth just west of the intersection of King & George in Downtown Peterborough (150-202 King St, Peterborough, ON). The parking lot at VentureNorth is for permit holders only.
For more information, call us at 705-743-0777 ext. 2160 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.