Do you have a business idea you want to make a reality? Start or grow a business with the support and training that will set you up for success with Starter Company Plus.
Starter Company Plus is designed to provide business training for entrepreneurs (from aspiring to experienced) in the City and County of Peterborough who are launching a business or expanding an existing business.
Starter Company Plus provides:
- In class training with experts in their fields to help you plan your business
- Education and assistance in writing a business plan that may help you obtain more traditional financing in the future if you require it
- A chance to receive a $5,000 microgrant
- A chance to build your network with other local small business owners and start ups
- 12 applicants will be chosen for each intake. Upon successful completion of the program, participants will submit their final business plan and pitch for a chance to receive one of six $5,000 microgrants.
Who Should Apply*
Anyone aged 18 and over, who is out of school and interested in pursuing a career in entrepreneurship
Anyone interested in starting a new business or expanding an existing business that has been operating for five years or less within the City and County of Peterborough
*For full eligibility criteria, please see the Eligibility Requirements for Starter Company Plus.
Successful applicants will be required to prove a personal financial contribution to their business in the amount of 25% of the awarded amount ($1,250 is 25% of $5,000). Eligible expenses must be reasonably aligned with your business (may include in kind contributions).
All successful Starter Company Plus program participants must be able to attend, via Zoom, all required workshops, guest presentations, seminars, and program consultations.
How To Apply
Applications for the 2021 Summer Intake will open on May 17, 2021, and close on June 13, 2021.
Learn More About the Six 2021 Winter Intake Grant Winners
Workshop Dates for Summer 2021 Program:
- Tuesday June 29 Workshop #1
- Tuesday July 6 Workshop #2
- Tuesday July 13 Workshop #3
- Tuesday July 20 Workshop #4
- Tuesday July 27 Workshop #5
- Wednesday August 4 Business Plans Due
- Monday August 9 Video Pitch Due
*Subject to change at the discretion of the program facilitator
A program syllabus will be emailed to successful applicants ahead of the program beginning with weekly details.
This program is offered throughout the Province of Ontario. If you live outside of Peterborough & the Kawarthas, please visit Small Business Centres Ontario the for information on an office in your area.
Starter Company Plus is a program offered through the Peterborough & the Kawarthas Business Advisory Centre with funding from the Government of Ontario.
The services of the Business Advisory Centre are free and confidential.
Interim Entrepreneurship Officer:
Business Advisory Centre