Do you have a business idea you want to make a reality? Start or grow a business with the support and training that will set you up for success with Starter Company Plus.
Starter Company Plus is designed to provide business training for entrepreneurs (from aspiring to experienced) in the City and County of Peterborough who are launching a business or expanding an existing business.
Starter Company Plus provides:
- In class training with experts in their fields to help you plan your business
- Education and assistance in writing a business plan that may help you obtain more traditional financing in the future if you require it
- A chance to receive a $5,000 microgrant
- A chance to build your network with other local small business owners and start ups
- 12 applicants will be chosen for each intake. Upon successful completion of the program, participants will submit their final business plan and pitch for a chance to receive one of six $5,000 microgrants.
Who Should Apply*
Anyone aged 18 and over, who is out of school and interested in pursuing a career in entrepreneurship
Anyone interested in starting a new business or expanding an existing business that has been operating for five years or less within the City and County of Peterborough
*For full eligibility criteria, please see the Eligibility Requirements for Starter Company Plus.
Successful applicants will be required to prove a personal financial contribution to their business in the amount of 25% of the awarded amount ($1,250 is 25% of $5,000). Eligible expenses must be reasonably aligned with your business (may include in-kind contributions).
All successful Starter Company Plus program participants must be able to attend, via Zoom, all required workshops, guest presentations, seminars, and program consultations.
How To Apply
Applications for the 2021 Fall Intake are now closed.Sign up for our Small Business Newsletter for updates about upcoming programs and workshops
6 Local Small Businesses Awarded $30,000 in funding through Starter Company Plus Program – learn more about the latest group of winners!
Workshop Dates for Fall 2021 Program:
- Wednesday Oct 13 – Workshop #1
- Tuesday Oct 19 – Workshop #2
- Tuesday Oct 26 – Workshop #3
- Tuesday Nov 2 – Workshop #4
- Tuesday Nov 9 – Workshop #5
- Monday Nov 15 – Business Plans Due
- Monday Nov 22 – Video Pitch Due
*Subject to change at the discretion of the program facilitator
A program syllabus will be emailed to successful applicants ahead of the program beginning with weekly details.
This program is offered throughout the Province of Ontario. If you live outside of Peterborough & the Kawarthas, please visit Small Business Centres Ontario for information on an office in your area.
Starter Company Plus is a program offered through the Peterborough & the Kawarthas Business Advisory Centre with funding from the Government of Ontario.
The services of the Business Advisory Centre are free and confidential.
Interim Entrepreneurship Officer:
Business Advisory Centre