Peterborough & the Kawarthas Business Advisory Centre’s Fall intake for the Starter Company Plus program has selected 10 businesses to take part in a 7-week program that will teach them the necessary skills to start and grow their business.
Six of the 10 business will be selected and awarded a grant of $5,000 based on creativity, strength of business plan and viability.
The 10 participating clients and their businesses are:
- Your Second Family (Anna Perry)
- Momentum Property Management (Alon Nozik)
- Grady & Woodcock Security Services (Calvin Woodcock)
- Nufas Media (Jordan Porter and Sean Thornton)
- Kawartha Complete Care (Kristin Cole)
- Rooted Lavender (Sonja Martin)
- AW Media Consulting (Ashley Webster)
- Wilde Beauty Ptbo (Katelin Turcotte)
- B&B 3D Designs (Brett Pritchard)
- Unnamed Business (Nicole Cooke)
“We’re very excited to welcome a new intake of 10 small businesses into the Stater Company Plus program,” Madeleine Hurrell, Entrepreneurship Officer at Peterborough & the Kawarthas Business Advisory Centre, said. “This intake is comprised of mostly start-ups and businesses under a year old.”
“We’re fortunate in Peterborough & the Kawarthas to have a supportive and collaborative network to help those launching their own business. I’m looking forward to working with all 10 of these businesses over the next seven weeks to provide them with training, as well as help them connect into that network, to achieve success and grow,” says Madeleine.
PKED’s BAC is also hosting a Fall Workshop Series designed for entrepreneurs and small business owners. The workshops include:
- New Venture: Foundations of Starting and Running a Business
- Business Fundamentals: Branding, Marketing and Sales
- Business Planning: Business Model Canvas
To sign up for one of PKED’s Fall workshops, go to peterboroughed.staging.wpengine.com/events