- SarahAnn Goldnau-Vogt, Face Makeup Service
- Tomas Casas, Casas Maintenance
- Devin Johnson, Victoria Maintenance and Repair Services
- Michael Boden, Boden Contracting
- Laurence Emery, Emery Photography
- Zoe Burnett, Fletching Farms
- Jessica Correa, Random Acts of Green
- David Bigg, East City Studios
- Zan Bilz, Zan’s Creative Club
- Sylvie Reddick, Jaspy Clothing
- Trevor Smith, Student Shredders
- Alexa Vanderhorst, Boundary Bounty Farm
- Grace Graham, Yum Yum Cakes
A launch event was held earlier today at the Staples location on Park Street in Peterborough, where students were able to showcase their businesses to customers. This was part of Summer Company-Staples Youth Entrepreneurship Day, an Ontario-wide partnership between the Government of Ontario and Staples.“We are proud to provide youth with the opportunity to be their own bosses this summer in a supportive environment,” said Peterborough Economic Development President & CEO, Rhonda Keenan, “Through our Summer Company and Starter Company programs we are able to set young entrepreneurs on the path to success. Last year alone, we connected local youth with over $100,000 in startup funding.”
Summer Company, Ontario’s flagship youth entrepreneurship program, provides students aged 15 to 29 with the opportunity to open and operate their own business over the summer. Peterborough Economic Development’s Business Advisory Centre has been the proud program provider for the City and County of Peterborough for over a decade.
For more information on these inspiring young entrepreneurs, please follow @PtboEcDev on Twitter and join in the conversation about what our youth are up to this summer with the hashtag #PtboYouth and #SummerCompany.