Are you a student between the ages of 15 and 29 looking to try your hand at entrepreneurship this Summer?
The Summer Company program connects youth with the money and support to run a summer business in Ontario.
How it works:
Summer Company is a program created by the Government of Ontario (and proudly administered locally through Peterborough Economic Development’s Business Advisory Centre). This program is perfect for self-motivated, entrepreneurial-minded youth looking to try their hand at business ownership.
Through this program you receive:
- one-on-one guidance from Business Advisory Centre staff
- advice and mentorship from local business leaders
- access to business workshops, training, and resources
- up to $3000 of start-up money to kick-off a summer business
Who should apply:
- high school, college or university students who are returning to school after the program ends
- a resident of Ontario (who is also a Canadian citizen or permanent resident)
- between the ages of 15-29 years old (parent must sign the application if under 18)
- not already running a business
- not working another job or going to school for more than 12 hours a week during the program
How to Apply
- The program for 2017 is open from January 23 to May 23. Here are the steps to apply:
- Check to see if you’re eligible for the program
- Complete the online application inquiry
- Select Peterborough Economic Development’s Business Advisory Centre as your local provider
- Assign yourself a password
- Submit your application inquiry
- Download the summer company business plan template
Contact us today to get started!
Our services are free and confidential.