Do you have a business idea you want to make a reality? Start or grow a business with the support and training that will set you up for success. See our Starter Company Plus Flowchart for a detailed breakdown of the program.
Starter Company Plus is a new program offered through the Business Advisory Centre funded by the Government of Ontario. This program is designed to provide business training for entrepreneurs (from aspiring to experienced), aged 18 and over in the City and County of Peterborough who are launching a business or expanding an existing business (that has been operating for five years or less).
This program will have 3 intakes this year. The application for the first deadline is March 31st, 2017.
Through the Starter Company Program you receive:
- Guidance and support from Business Advisory Centre staff
- Business training through a series of interactive workshops. This training will focus on business planning fundamentals including financial literacy, operations and market research
- Support in creating a formalized business plan
- The opportunity to submit your business plan and pitch your business idea for an opportunity to compete for one of 7 micro-grants ranging from $2000 to $5000
Who should apply?
- Anyone aged 18 and over, who is out of school and interested in pursuing a career in entrepreneurship
- Anyone interested in starting a new business or expanding an existing business that has been operating for five years or less
- Residents of the City & County of Peterborough will receive support services through Peterborough Economic Development’s Business Advisory Centre. The Starter Company Plus program is offered throughout the Province of Ontario. If you live outside of Peterborough & the Kawarthas, please see the Ontario Network of Entrepreneurs for information on an office that can support you.
- For full eligibility criteria, please see the Eligibility Requirements for Starter Company Plus
How do I apply?
- Attend one of the “Starting Point” Workshops being held on Monday afternoons in March from 2:30pm – 4pm at Peterborough Economic Development’s office at 210 Wolfe Street. Attendance is a mandatory step for both expansions and startups in the application process.
- Apply using the the online form provided during the “Starting Point” Workshops
- All applications are due no later than March 31st at 4pm
- For more information please contact the Business Advisory Centre.
Our services are free and confidential.