Registration for the B.L.A.S.T. Program is now closed. Please stay tuned for news on the entrepreneurs who will be selected as finalists in the “Top 16 in 2016” in June.
The BLAST self-directed training program focuses on supporting learning toward the completion of a business plan. If you wish to complete a business plan you are welcomed to register to participate in the online training modules. These training modules have been designed to provide direction and access to resources that will support learning and development of the information required for the specific sections of a business plan document.
Register to participate in our online business plan development training modules through the link in the resources section.
Should you have any additional questions regarding developing your business idea and/or business plan please connect directly with the Business Advisory Centre.
Are you over 30 with professional skills and an entrepreneurial spirit?
The B.L.A.S.T. (Business Launch Assistance, Support and Training) Pilot Program connects you with the resources you need to succeed.
How it works:
The B.L.A.S.T. Pilot Program is designed to provide local skilled tradespeople, product creation and professional service entrepreneurs over 30 with the assistance, support and training needed for business success.
Through this program you receive:
- access to online learning resources and training to develop a business plan
- one-on-one guidance from Business Advisory Centre staff
- the opportunity to apply for a spot in the “Top 16 in 2016”. The award recipients will receive mentorship opportunities and a $5,000 micro-grant.
Who should apply:
This program is targeted to assist entrepreneurial-minded individuals looking to:
- expand an existing business
- turn professional skills into a strong business opportunity
- create a job for self or others
- access export markets
- leverage the micro-grant to achieve an impactful business outcome
- 30 years of age and over
- Resident of the City or County of Peterborough
- Committed to completing the training program and a business plan
The B.L.A.S.T. program prepares participants for the opportunity to submit their completed business plan to apply for a spot in the “Top 16 in 2016”. Winners will receive a $5,000 microgrant and will be connected with a mentor from the local business community.