Our second intake of participants through the Starter Company Plus program are getting off to a great start as they fine tune their business ideas and sharpen their entrepreneurial skillsets. Over the next few weeks, participants in the program will be supported in the creation of a formalized business plan and begin preparations to pitch for one of seven grants of up to $5000 at the end of August.
We have a diverse group of people at various stages of their entrepreneurial journey take part in this intake of the program. Take a moment to get to know our participants and where they are at on their journey (follow us on social as they fine tune their businesses and set themselves on the path to success).
- Lynn Franscio‘s Township of Douro-Dummer based business, Elixir, will provide health-conscious consumers with a source for organic, vegan and vegetarian food products (including drinks, dressings, elixirs, smoothies and granola bars)
- Andrew Wright‘s City of Peterborough based Kawartha Vacuum Inc. is an authorized central vacuum dealer for the Kawarthas. They provide sales, service, and installation.
- Si Me Hei (Business Name to be announced!) will be starting an organic chicken farm in the Township of Cavan Monaghan
- Devin LeBel and Ben Carlsen are bringing the farm to your table as they start a business (name to be announced!) that will curate and deliver seasonal produce boxes right to your doorstep
- Claudia Foung will be providing unique after-school services for children (ages 6-12) that blends STEM curriculum with a creative and artistic flair with her Peterborough-based business Make N’ Move
- Lauraine Cyr and Kathy Fullerton are creating a new City of Peterborough business that will support people with mobility challenges to achieve their full potential with freedom, comfort and dignity
- Maureen Brand‘s Garden of Eden (based in the Municipality of Trent Lakes) is creating a greener planet with reusable cloth menstrual and incontinence products, cloth baby products, adult waterproof bibs, dish cloths and “un-paper” towels
- Shelley King is developing an online training platform that utilizes the support of puppets for communication, problem-solving, relationship building and social change with her business Puppeteria
- Sarah Susnar is looking to grow her business Play Cafe (a cozy place for children and their caregivers to create, explore, play, and connect with new friends) expanding her program offering to include STEM, Toddler Gym, and art classes.
- Allyson Lucas will be developing a city based business that connects seniors and their families with community resources
- Jane Davidson, an established communications specialist and writer, and owner of Best Write Communications, will be developing and delivering online courses and coach for businesses and entrepreneurs
- Chad Miller is creating handmade wooden home decor and sustainably-sourced wood products with his Township of Selwyn-based business, Country Moon Woodcrafts
- Lisa Torres is looking to expand her naturopathic medical practice in the City of Peterborough
- Leah Frampton is growing her business, Green Leaf Baby, that creates creates stylish, practical and geek-inspired handmade products for babies, moms and tots.
- Hajni Veraszto is a registered nurse offering mobile services for seniors and those with challenges accessing preventative care
We are looking forward to seeing how these businesses grow with the support of Starter Company Plus, and seeing in a few weeks who our next round of grant recipients are.