Receive a 50% reimbursement to develop your employees’ technical and soft skills
This project supports Eastern Ontario manufacturers’ goal by offsetting 50% of 3rd party training costs associated with improving employees’ technical and soft skills development activities. This may include collaborative multiple company training, company specific activities and individual training related to:
- Development of soft skills (teamwork, problem solving, time management, communication, etc.).
- Development of technical skills (note that legislated training such as forklift or WHMIS is not covered but courses such as train the trainer for forklift may qualify if they contain a high percentage of adult training material).
To be eligible for this program, you must:
- Be a manufacturer/skilled trade shop located in an area serviced by one of the fifteen CFDCs that comprise the Eastern Ontario Community Futures Development Corporations (CFDC) Network.
- Participate in an approved technical or soft skills development activity delivered by a 3rd party.
All you have to do to access the funding is:
- Confirm the eligibility of your training (contact: ADeOliveira@gpaedc.on.ca )
- Complete the simple one page application form,
- Conduct your eligible training,
- Provide a copy of the invoice and proof of payment of the invoice.
- EODP provides payment to the project coordinator who then issues cheques to claiming companies
This opportunity is available to Eastern Ontario Manufacturers only, and manufacturers do not have to be a member of a manufacturers association.
Coordinating Agency (Greater Peterborough, Kawartha Lakes, Haliburton, South Lake):
Peterborough & the Kawarthas Economic Development / Kawartha Manufacturers’ Association
210 Wolfe St, Peterborough ON, K9J 2K9
Aleksandra de Oliveira
Kawartha Manufacturers Association Coordinator at Peterborough & the Kawarthas Economic Development